At Wolcott Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Purpose of Position: The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of those projects assigned to them to assure that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made to the client and the project is completed within the allocated time and the budget that has been assigned.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of architectural and interior planning, design and construction. Knowledgeable of relevant design practice and materials, and capable of preparing schematic layouts, overseeing preparation of bid and construction documents, and construction administration.
- Detailed knowledge of construction costs and excels at preparing analytic spreadsheet(s) of cost comparisons.
- Excels at developing complex feasibility studies, programming, and space requirement analysis.
- Detailed understanding of all types of BOMA calculation concepts.
- Full responsibility for the day-to-day operations of projects.
- Excels at negotiating and preparing Contracts, Proposals and Work Authorizations, and of identifying assumptions, exclusions, and supplemental/additional services throughout the project.
- Managing and informing all members of the project team on the status of the project, as well as the overall design concept.
- Identifies and analyzes issues, develops and formulates corrective strategies.
- Knowledgeable of relevant codes including IBC, ADA, Title 24 and of relevant building department jurisdictions and practices. Knowledge of relevant AIA documents.
- Prepare and maintain the project schedule and meet project deadlines.
- Management of overall project costs and professional design fees. Must analyze and process job billing for all projects managed, as required by the company.
- Issuing memoranda within 48 hours for all critical conversations and meetings concerning the project.
- Adept at developing schematic space plans based on programming requirements.
- Capable of coordinating and/or developing design concepts for architectural treatments, detailing, lighting, materials, and furnishings.
- Adept at client interaction and presentation.
- Adept at developing schematic design budgets.
- Capable of developing a set of working drawings without supervision or oversight.
- Basic working knowledge of industry-standard word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), image editing (PhotoShop or equal), scheduling (MS Project), page layout (Illustrator or equal), e-mail (Outlook), web browser (IE or equal), and file formatting (Acrobat) programs, as well as a working knowledge of AutoCAD Architectural Desktop sufficient to communicate ideas and direct staff.
- Adept at preparing and/or coordinating presentation materials including computer-generated, hand-drawn and photographic images. Knowledgeable of capabilities and materials of printing, graphic, and reprographic service providers.
- Capable of black-line hand sketching sufficient to communicate design concepts and intent.
- Knowledgeable of relevant lighting design practice, and capable of preparing schematic lighting layouts, overseeing preparation of lighting construction documents and administration.
- Responsible for obtaining and negotiating consultant contracts and the overall project coordination with those consultants.
- Proactively works with staff, either individually or in-groups, to provide positive atmosphere for learning and mentoring for professional growth.
- Assist in collection of past due accounts receivable.
May occasionally be called upon to:
- Prepare transmittals, brochures, or other marketing materials.
- Perform tasks relative to procurement or maintenance of the building/office.
- Annual review and evaluation for this job description will be based upon the foregoing items and: profitability of projects, new business developed, and client satisfaction.
- Basic knowledge of information and production technology.
- Active participation in employee reviews and formal evaluations.
- Maintain accurate database information related to projects.
- LEED/Sustainability design concepts and general knowledge of certification criteria.
A Minimum of 15 year’s experience (both technical and supervisory) in the interiors/architectural field.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please send resume & portfolio in PDF format, no more than 10 MB files.