At Wolcott Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Purpose of Position: The Senior Job Captain possesses and demonstrates the highest level of AutoCAD and/or Revit knowledge and application within the firm. Fully experienced Senior Job Captains can perform any technical and/or production assignment quickly and accurately. Based on the size of the project, the Senior Job Captain may lead a project independently working with a designer or support a Project Architect in developing the documentation. In any regard, the Sr. Job Captain exhibits fluency with how to collate construction documents, applicable code, and plan check process, coordinating with trades and leading CA in the field.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of relevant, appropriate, and applicable aspects of commercial planning and design.
- Working from sketches, notes and other input materials, excels at preparing and maintaining all revisions to the architectural documents, coordination of engineering contract documents and project manuals. Excels at directing and coordinating production team in preparation of construction documents.
- Excels at review of contract documents with team members and checking of drawings for accuracy and coordination.
- Excels at construction documentation of material selections by others.
- Working knowledge of lighting, HVAC, structural, plumbing, sprinkler, and electrical design.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant and applicable codes including IBC, CBC, ADA, Title 24 and of relevant building department jurisdictions and practices. Knowledge of relevant AIA documents.
- Detailed understanding of all types of BOMA calculation concepts.
- Advanced understanding of relevant construction costs.
- Working knowledge of the management of design vs. project budget. Capable of providing periodic personnel cost reports and projections to project manager.
- Excels at preparation of instruction to bidders and preparation of bid analysis spreadsheets.
- Excels at construction administration and job site visits. Maintains and organizes all RFI’s, RFP’s, submittals, shop drawings, etc.
- Basic editing capability in industry-standard word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), image editing (Photoshop or equal), scheduling (MS Project), page layout (Illustrator or equal), e-mail (Outlook), web browser (IE or equal), and file formatting (Acrobat) programs, as well as a full proficiency in AutoCAD Architectural Desktop.
- Excels at leading field survey teams and development and documentation of as-built conditions and organizing the obtained information (scanning and filing).
- Knowledgeable of WAI CAD standards and practices, sufficient to lead production team(s). May be required to demonstrate working proficiency in WAI CAD system within three months of hire.
- Utilizes the WAI CAD library effectively to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Issuing memoranda within 48 hours for all critical conversations and meetings concerning the project.
- Proactively works with staff, either individually or in-groups, to provide a positive atmosphere for learning and professional growth.
- Responsible for maintaining the computer project files, including the house keeping of all files at the end of a project/close-out procedure.
- Responsible for coordination of architectural documents submitted to the building department, including plan check revisions, obtaining checks from accounting and meet with expeditor, etc.
- Responsible for review and coordination of a complete construction document set prior to final review by the Project Manager.
- Excels at following scope of the pricing plan when preparing the final architectural documents.
- Awareness, understanding, and acknowledgement of relationships of project schedule, design fees, project budgets, reimbursable costs, etc.
May occasionally be called upon to:
- Prepare transmittals, brochures, or other marketing materialsPerform tasks relative to procurement or maintenance of the building.
A minimum of 10 years CAD experience in related architectural/interiors field. Must attend in-house seminars and continuing education courses outside of the office.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please send resume & portfolio in PDF format, no more than 10 MB files.