At Wolcott Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Purpose of Position: Specific to the Landlord Services segment of Wolcott Architecture, the Senior Designer & Project Lead (SD/PL) provides design and service leadership to the clients, manages whole projects independently or in some cases in collaboration with the Project Manager, develops current and new accounts and performs Project Management duties including contract administration, billing, and staffing for designated accounts. The SD/PL may work on several concurrent projects. The SD/PL has extensive experience in all areas of design, from programming through construction administration. The SD/PL should have good communication skills and the ability to interact successfully with clients.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant aspects of interior planning and design.
- Advanced knowledge of space programming.
- Advanced knowledge of furnishings, architectural materials, and construction costs.
- Working knowledge of local codes (including ADA, IBC, Title 24, and CBC codes).
- Adept at developing space plans for any sized project.
- Strong designer, capable of leading the design through all phases of the project, including furniture specification and consultant coordination and review of show drawings.
- Advanced understanding of BOMA calculation concepts.
- Adept at developing furniture specifications, schematic installation drawings, including systems furniture and furniture bid analysis.
- Adept at developing and presenting to clients; design concepts for architectural treatments, detailing, lighting, materials, and furnishings.
- Working knowledge of lighting, HVAC, structural, plumbing, sprinkler, and electrical design.
- Excels at color and black-line hand sketching sufficient to communicate design concepts and intent.
- Adept at supervising preparation of Revit & CAD-generated architectural drawings. Also capable of preparation of presentation materials including computer-generated, hand-drawn, and photographic images and creation of material boards.
- Knowledgeable of capabilities and materials of printing, graphic, and reprographic service providers.
- Adept at leading field surveys and documentation of as-built conditions.
- Adept at leading furniture inventory, survey, and documentation of as-built conditions.
- Working capability in industry-standard word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), image editing (PhotoShop or equal), scheduling (MS Project), page layout (Illustrator or equal), e-mail (Outlook), web browser (IE or equal), and file formatting (Acrobat) programs, as well as proficiency in AutoCAD Architectural Desktop and Revit.
- Review shop drawings and submittals.
- Excels at construction administration and coordination/follow up (i.e. job site visits, RFI’s, submittals, etc.)
- Acute awareness, understanding, and acknowledgement of the relationships of project schedule, contract terms, design fees, project budgets, reimbursable costs, etc.
- Participate in Contract Administration by providing scope and fee for work authorizations and add services.
- Ability to liaise directly with clients and to delegate and mentor internal staff to provide a positive atmosphere for learning and professional growth.
- Excellent client-service orientation and ability to create and develop relationships.
May occasionally be called upon to:
- Prepare transmittal, brochures, or other marketing materials.
- Perform tasks relative to procurement or maintenance of the building.
- Assist with administrative documentation related to project management.
- Working knowledge of LEED/Sustainability design concepts and certification requirement.
A minimum of 10 years previous design experience in the architectural/interiors field. Previous client-facing experience. Leadership, professionalism, and design talent. Ability to prioritize and think strategically and to contribute to studio strategy and planning.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please send resume & portfolio in PDF format, no more than 10 MB files.