At Wolcott Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Purpose of Position: The Senior Designer works independently on various projects as assigned by a Project Manager. They may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design. The Senior Designer may work on several concurrent projects. The Senior Designer has extensive experience in all areas of design from programming through construction administration. The Senior Designer should have good communication skills and the ability to interact successfully with clients.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant aspects of interior planning and design.
- Advanced knowledge of space programming.
- Advanced knowledge of furnishings, architectural materials, and construction costs.
- Working knowledge of local codes (including ADA, IBC, Title 24, and CBC codes).
- Adept at developing space plans for any sized project.
- Advanced understanding of BOMA calculation concepts.
- Adept at developing furniture specifications, schematic installation drawings, including systems furniture and furniture bid analysis.
- Adept at developing and presenting to clients; design concepts for architectural treatments, detailing, lighting, materials, and furnishings.
- Working knowledge of lighting, HVAC, structural, plumbing, sprinkler, and electrical design.
- Excels at color and black-line hand sketching sufficient to communicate design concepts and intent.
- Adept at supervising preparation of Revit & CAD-generated architectural drawings. Also capable of preparation of presentation materials including computer-generated, hand-drawn, and photographic images and creation of material boards.
- Knowledgeable of capabilities and materials of printing, graphic, and reprographic service providers.
- Adept at leading field surveys and documentation of as-built conditions.
- Adept at leading furniture inventory, survey, and documentation of as-built conditions.
- Working capability in industry-standard word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), image editing (PhotoShop or equal), scheduling (MS Project), page layout (Illustrator or equal), e-mail (Outlook), web browser (IE or equal), and file formatting (Acrobat) programs, as well as proficiency in AutoCAD Architectural Desktop and Revit.
- Review shop drawings and submittals.
- Excels at construction administration and coordination/follow up (i.e. job site visits, RFI’s, submittals, etc.)
- Acute awareness, understanding, and acknowledgement of the relationships of project schedule, contract terms, design fees, project budgets, reimbursable costs, etc.
- Work with staff, either individually or in-groups, to provide a positive atmosphere for learning and professional growth.
May occasionally be called upon to:
- Prepare transmittal, brochures, or other marketing materials.
- Perform tasks relative to procurement or maintenance of the building.
- Assist with administrative documentation related to project management.
- Working knowledge of LEED/Sustainability design concepts and certification requirement.
A minimum of 12 years previous design experience in the architectural/interiors field.
Apply to: email@example.com
*Please send resume & portfolio in PDF format, no more than 10 MB files.