Manager (landlord servcies)
At Wolcott Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Purpose of Position: Reporting to the Principals, the Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall supervision and management of those projects assigned to them to assure that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made to the client. As a result, the project is completed within the allocated time and the budget that has been assigned.
- Fiscal Management: managing projects within budget and fee.
- Responsible to update and maintain weekly and monthly reports to demonstrate project status: Fee forecast, Workload Forecast, Weekly staffing reports. Contribute to AR/collections efforts as needed. Responsible to produce and/or supervise the production of all contract documentation within the portfolio of work according to firm protocols and timelines.
- Manage and monitor workflow and work process for assigned team. Provide coaching and mentoring as much as possible in order to develop and advance staff. Ability to track and monitor status of project 40-60 projects at one time.
- Strive to provide consistent and excellent customer service to foster relationships and drive repeat business.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of architectural and interior planning, design, and construction. Knowledgeable of relevant design practice and materials, and capable of preparing schematic layouts, overseeing preparation of bid and construction documents, and construction administration.
- Detailed knowledge of construction costs and capable of preparing analytic spreadsheet(s) of cost comparisons.
- Capable of developing complex feasibility studies, programming, and space requirement analysis.
- Detailed understanding of all types of BOMA calculation concepts.
- Capable of developing space requirement analysis for all assigned projects.
- Knowledgeable of relevant codes including IBC, ADA, Title 24 and of relevant building department jurisdictions and practices. Knowledge of relevant AIA documents.
- Must analyze and process job billing for all projects managed, as required by the company. Management of overall project costs and professional design fees.
- Capable of developing schematic space plans based on programming requirements.
- Capable of developing design concepts for architectural treatments, detailing, lighting, materials, and furnishings.
- Adept at client interaction and presentation.
- Capable of developing schematic design budgets.
- Capable of developing a set of working drawings without supervision or oversight.
- Working knowledge in industry-standard word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), image editing (PhotoShop or equal), scheduling (MS Project), page layout (Illustrator or equal), e-mail (Outlook), web browser (IE or equal), and file formatting (Acrobat) programs, as well as a working knowledge of AutoCAD Architectural Desktop sufficient to communicate ideas and direct staff.
- Capable of preparing and/or coordinating presentation materials including computer-generated, hand-drawn and photographic images. Knowledgeable of capabilities and materials of printing, graphic, and reprographic service providers.
- Adept at preparing Contracts, Proposals and Work Authorizations, and of identifying assumptions, exclusions, and supplemental/additional services throughout the project.
- Capable of black-line hand sketching sufficient to communicate design concepts and intent.
- Knowledgeable of relevant lighting design practice, and capable of preparing schematic lighting layouts, overseeing preparation of lighting construction documents and administration.
- Responsible for obtaining and negotiating consultant contracts and the overall project coordination with those consultants.
- Proactively works with staff, either individually or in-groups, to provide positive atmosphere for learning and professional growth.
- Maintain active database information related to projects.
- Active participation in staff reviews and formal evaluation.
May occasionally be called upon to:
- Prepare transmittals, brochures, or other marketing materials.
- Perform tasks relative to procurement or maintenance of the building/office.
- Annual review and evaluation for this job description will be based upon the foregoing items and: profitability of projects, new business developed, and client satisfaction.
- Basic knowledge of LEED/Sustainability design concepts and certification process.
A minimum of 10 year’s experience (both technical and supervisory) in the interiors/architectural field.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please send resume & portfolio in PDF format, no more than 10 MB files.