At Wolcott Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Purpose of Position: Specific to the Landlord Services segment of Wolcott Architecture, the Project Lead (PL) provides design and service leadership to clients, manages whole projects independently or in some cases in collaboration with the Project Manager, develops current and new accounts, and performs Project Management duties including contract administration, billing, and staffing for designated accounts.
- Exercise broad knowledge of all phases of interior planning, design, and construction. Knowledgeable of relevant design practice and materials, and capable of preparing schematic layouts, overseeing preparation of bid and construction documents, and construction administration.
- Working knowledge of relevant building codes and their application.
- Strong designer, capable of leading the design through all phases of the project, including furniture specification and consultant coordination and review of shop drawings.
- Strong in production and capable of coordinating a CD set prior to review.
- Excellent client-service orientation and ability to create and develop relationships.
- Awareness and management of the project schedule, fees, contract terms, budget, and construction costs.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to liaise directly with clients and to delegate and mentor internal staff.
- Participate in Contract Administration by providing scope and fee for work authorizations and add services.
- Assist PM in forecasting staffing needs and in billing on projects that s/he is working on.
A minimum of 5 years previous design experience in the architectural/interiors field. Previous client-facing experience. Leadership, professionalism, and design talent. Ability to prioritize and think strategically and to contribute to studio strategy and planning.
Apply to: email@example.com
*Please send resume & portfolio in PDF format, no more than 10 MB files.