At Wolcott Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Purpose of Position: Reporting to the Operations Director the Project Coordinator (PC)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General project assistance:
- Monitor project costs and professional design fees.
- Process job billings.
- Coordinate staffing/resource allocation.
- Monitor project schedule.
- Prepare analytic spreadsheet(s) of cost comparisons.
- Interface with clients, schedule and attend meetings.
- Coordinate, track, document and maintain contracts and work authorizations., including tracking client correspondence and comments.
- Proof contract documentation to ensure quality assurance prior to issue to PM. Identify and rectify errors, omissions and manage drafts.
- Coordinate and track sub-consultant contracts.
Contribute to Production and Construction Observation:
- Exercise knowledge of relevant codes including IBC, ADA, Title 24 and of relevant building department jurisdictions and practices and relevant AIA documents.
- Issue memoranda within 48 hours for all critical conversations and meetings concerning the project.
- Prepare transmittals and review submittals.
- Respond to RFIs.
- Perform tasks relative to procurement or maintenance of the building/office.
- As needed review check list, pick up red lines and coordinate packages for outsource.
- Collate project approvals for “Blue Folder."
- Attend punch walk, circulate, and follow up on punch items.
- Coordinate wrap dinner or meeting.
- Coordinate post occupancy evaluation.
Executive Assistance and/or Office Management:
- Manage conference room or shared calendars.
- Coordinate equipment check out.
- Receive phone calls, guests, and vendors.
- Run point on facilities issues with the support of the Operations Director.
- Coordinate with headquarters to streamline operational processes across multiple offices.
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Adept at client interaction and presentation.
- Knowledgeable about the design and/or construction process.
- Knowledgeable about basic contract language and concepts.
- Possess a high degree of discretion, attention to detail, and strong organizational and time management skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam Revue and CAD as well as able to plot construction documents.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the interiors/architectural field., in construction or design coordination, Formal design background a plus. Candidate must be able to lift packages up to 30 pounds in receiving and coordinating deliveries.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please send resume & portfolio in PDF format, no more than 10 MB files.