At Wolcott Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Purpose of Position: Serve as a full-time Office Coordinator in the front office, answering phones, greeting guests, and being the first point-of-contact for all incoming and outgoing communication to the Wolcott office. In addition, provide administrative assistance and support required to maintain daily operations of a non-technical nature.
- Serve as first point-of-contact for the front office, providing a polished and professional impression for employees and guests.
- Answer phones, sometimes in periods of high traffic and volume. Greet visitors and inform the staff of visitors’ arrival.
- Maintaining correspondence using WAI format and standards (i.e., punch lists, work authorizations, meeting reports, memos, transmittals, etc.), as directed by senior staff or management personnel.
- Preparation of spreadsheets, graph charts and general documentation from redlined documents prepared by Senior Staff or management.
- Proficient in the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet applications, etc.
- Responsible for filing of all documents categorized by project as directed by Senior Staff or management on a timely basis.
- Responsible for acting as receptionist and telephone switchboard operator.
- Responsible for faxing, emailing, messengering, and mailing of correspondence.
- Responsible for sending out overnight and courier requests via the appropriate vendors (i.e. Fed Ex or messenger service), including follow up on delivery status.
- Responsible for distribution of mail, messenger/overnight packages, faxes, etc. to staff.
- Preparation for presentations and client meetings including conference room set-up (food, beverage, writing tablets, etc.).
- Responsible for keeping the reception area, conference room, supply cabinets and office area always organized and stocked of mailing accessories.
- Responsible for maintaining marketing materials in reception area.
- Familiarity with active projects and assigned teams.
- Maintain daily sign-in/out sheets using best efforts at keeping informed of staff where abouts. (During Covid-19 keeping track of who visits the office via Share Point Links).
- Overall cleanliness of the office, including the pantry areas.
May occasionally be called upon to:
- Prepare transmittal, brochures, or other marketing materials
- Perform tasks relative to procurement or maintenance of the building.
- Contribute to firm event planning.
- As needed support Principal-led and marketing team initiatives as well as maintain marketing lists and coordinate social media roll out.
- Support Operations Director on special projects as needed.
- Support Finance Team as required.
A positive attitude, strong work ethic and attention to detail are a must.
Apply to: email@example.com
*Please send resume & portfolio in PDF format, no more than 10 MB files.