At Wolcott Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Purpose of Position:
Wolcott Architecture (WA) is one of the leading Architecture and Interior firms in Los Angeles. We are driven by innovation and focus on designing impactful and functional environments.
Our portfolio spans the nation of numerous commercial, corporate, entertainment, retail, and technology clients. The intern Librarian will assist the firm’s librarian in maintaining and coordinating Wolcott’s library to support the staff and receive and host visitors and vendors.
Additionally, and as time permits, the intern librarian may support production work which will require preparing CAD generated architectural working drawings with supervision.
- Assist designers in pulling and organizing materials.
- Coordination with consultants and vendors.
- Greet and Escort visitors to the library.
- Stock and Restock samples and materials as needed.
- Order and return samples.
- Assist Librarian in calendaring vendors and communicating to staff.
- Always maintain library organization and cleanliness.
- Research (as needed) samples and reps.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and attention to detail are a must.
- Students applying should be enrolled in an interior design, architectural or related program and in their final quarter/semester of their program.
- Basic editing capability in industry-standard word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), image editing (PhotoShop or equal), scheduling (MS Project), page layout (Illustrator or equal), e-mail (Outlook), web browser (IE or equal), and file formatting (Acrobat) programs.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2013. Proficiency in 3 Dimensional Modeling software (Sketchup/Rhino).
- Basic knowledge materials of printing, graphic, and reprographic service providers.
- Procurement experience a plus!
Apply to: email@example.com
*Please send resume & portfolio in PDF format, no more than 10 MB files.