At Wolcott Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Purpose of Position: The Job Captain position has intermediate-level knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit within the firm. Fully experienced Job Captains can perform technical and construction document preparation/production on any assignments quickly and accurately.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of relevant aspects of commercial planning and design.
- Working from sketches, notes and other input materials, is capable of preparing a complete and accurate set of architectural documents, coordination of engineering contract documents and project manuals. Capable of directing and coordinating production team in preparation of construction documents.
- Capable of review of contract documents with team members and checking of drawings for accuracy and coordination.
- Capable of construction documentation incorporating material selections by others.
- Working knowledge of lighting, HVAC, structural, plumbing, fire protection and electrical design.
- Knowledgeable of relevant codes including IBC, CBC, ADA, Title 24 and of applicable building department jurisdictions and practices. Knowledge of relevant AIA documents.
- Detailed understanding of all types of BOMA calculation concepts (i.e. 1980, 1989 and1996).
- General understanding of relevant construction costs.
- Basic knowledge of the management of design vs. project budget. Capable of providing periodic personnel cost reports and projections to Project Manager.
- Capable of construction administration (RFI’s, RFP’s, submittals, shop drawings, etc.). Maintains project file.
- Basic editing capability in industry-standard word processing (MS Word, WordPerfect), spreadsheet (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), image editing (PhotoShop or equal), scheduling (MS Project), page layout (Illustrator or equal), e-mail (Outlook, Eudora), web browser (IE or equal), and file formatting (Acrobat) programs, as well as a full proficiency in Revit and/or AutoCAD Architectural Desktop.
- General understCapable of leading field survey teams for development and documentation of as-built conditions.anding of relevant construction costs.
- Knowledgeable of WA CAD standards and practices, sufficient to direct production team(s). May be required to demonstrate working proficiency in WA CAD system within three months of hire.
- Utilizes the WA CAD library effectively to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Works with staff, either individually or in-groups, to provide positive atmosphere for learning and professional growth.
- Responsible for maintaining the computer project files, including the house keeping of all files at the end of a project/close-out procedure.
- Responsible for coordination of architectural documents submitted to the building department, including plan check revisions, obtaining checks from accounting and meeting with expeditor, etc.
- Capable of following the scope of the pricing plan when preparing the final architectural documents.
- Basic awareness and understanding of project schedule, design fees, project budgets, reimbursable costs, etc.
May occasionally be called upon to:
- Prepare transmittals, brochures, or other marketing materialsPerform tasks relative to procurement or maintenance of the building.
A minimum of 5 years CAD experience in related architectural/interiors field. Must attend in-house seminars and is encouraged to attend continuing education courses outside of the office.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please send resume & portfolio in PDF format, no more than 10 MB files.